AOS 98 is accepting applications for a full-time position as guidance secretary at the Boothbay Region High School to begin as soon as possible. The successful candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills, enjoy collaborating with colleagues and students, and demonstrate proficiency using a variety of software.
Guidance Secretary Essential Functions:
- Compiles student records (e.g. birth certificates, transcripts, transfers, immunization, etc.) for the purpose of meeting state, federal and/or district requirements.
- Maintains a variety of manual and electronic student records (e.g. grade checks, cum files, test scores, student information, etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date reference and complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Performs enrollment and withdrawal activities (e.g. interpreting transcripts, updating automated student information system, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring compliance with financial, legal, state or federal requirements.
- Provides a variety of documents (e.g. transcripts, SAT scores, college applications, etc.) for the purpose of assisting present and former students and/or their parents.
- Responds to questions from a variety of internal and external sources (e.g. staff, other educational institutions, the public, parents and/or students, etc.) for the purpose of providing information and/or direction.
- Verifies student related data (e.g. grades, information, etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of student records.
- Creates informational publications for guidance-related events and resources and manages guidance website.
All candidates will be subject to fingerprinting for a criminal background check as required by law.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 31 or until suitable candidate is found.
Support Staff attached. support-staff-application-aos-98-49.pdf Complete application and cover letter may be emailed as a single pdf to administrative assistant Mary Knapp at [email protected] or mailed to Superintendent’s Office, 51 Emery Lane, Boothbay Harbor, ME 04538
Contact Dan Welch, Principal with questions - 633-2421 or [email protected]
Contact Information:Dan Welch, Principal